When its cold outside, No one wants to go for a run or brave the low temperatures in order to get inside a gym. We are much more inclined to sitting at home bundled up in a thick blanket with hot chocolate and Netflix on the tv. It is just so much easier to stay at home and let the winter pounds add up. We are not going to the beach anytime soon, so what does it matter? Bring on the poundage! This is a recipe for disaster, especially after the holiday food binge marathon is still fresh on the belly. Don’t let those stubborn fat cells entrench themselves any further. You can get an awesome workout without a gym, equipment, or even leaving your house!
Here is an awesome body weight workout that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Get off the couch for a bit, build some muscle, burn some fat, and wreck it on your living room floor during the winter months ahead.
- Slow Push-Ups (2 seconds down/pause/2 seconds up) – 3 sets of 10
- Half Body Squats – 3 sets of 20
- Push up position Mountain Climbers – 3 sets of 30 seconds
- Full Body Squats – 3 sets of 15
- Wide stance Push-Ups – 3 sets of 15
- Elbow position Planks – 3 sets of 45 second holds
- Lunges – 3 sets of 10 (Each Leg)
- Superman Holds – 3 sets of 10
- Lying Leg Lifts – 3 sets of 12
- Burpees – 3 sets of 8
- Reverse Lunges – 3 sets of 8 (Each Leg)
- Lying Bicycle kicks – 3 sets of 30 seconds
* If you don’t know what some of these exercises are, just type them into google and click a quick video to check it out. We will put together an exercise archive to make this process easier for you in the future. Get after it!